Sunday, June 29, 2014

Where are the Washington Mystics? Part 3

Washington Mystics coach Mike Thibault seems to cry "Help!" for media coverage/Photo by Patricia Leslie

If you thought you might get some pre-game coverage in the Washington Post about today's Mystics game v. the San Antonio Stars at Verizon, you found out you were wrong.

Nothing.

Well, excuuuuusssse me, a single line of 8 point type in the right corner on page D10 is not coverage? 

"San Antonio at Washington, 4"

"4" as in 4 p.m. 

As on the bottom of the last sports page.

The only female in today's sports section was Serena Williams and her defeat at Wimbledon.

Why bother subscribing to WAPO

News about local women in sports? 

Local female teams?  

Getoutahere.


If the Washington Mystics had any friends at the Washington Post, the stands might be a little fuller/Photo by Patricia Leslie
 
Help, I need somebody
Help, not just anybody
Help, you know, I need someone
Help

When I was coachin', so much younger than today
I never needed anybody's help in any way
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured
Now I find, I've changed my mind, we don't want to be ignored

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate your comin' round
Help me get our team back on the ground
Won't you, please, please help me?

And now our lives have changed in, oh, so many ways
Our winning team never makes it to the page
But every day and some we feel so ignored
I know that you can help us like you've never done before
 
Help us if you can, we're feeling down
And we do appreciate your bein' round
Help us bring the fans back on down town
Won't you please, please help us
Help us
Help us
Whoooooooo.....
 
 
 
 
Next up for the Mystics:
 
Wednesday, July 2, 7 p.m. v. Indiana Fever at Verizon



 

No comments: